Williams Chartered Accountants are always actively looking for dedicated ACCA/ACA qualified individuals to add to our expanding team.
Whilst we do not have a current position to fill, we are always open to creating a new one. So do send us your CV to consider.
Please note that we will only consider applicants who are fully qualified, with some work experience in their court.
Salary would be dependent on the individual’s qualifications and experience.
Williams Chartered Accountants are an experienced and well-established practice of accountants, based in Northwest London for over 30 years.
We practice in all statutory compliance requirements for accounts and tax advice for both businesses and individuals. Our clients are at the heart of our business, and we maintain long standing relationships with them all.
Our aim is to constantly add value beyond the usual compliance work and to be a progressive practice, modernising and changing as our industry requires.
Typical responsibilities of the job include:
- Reporting directly to the Principal/Senior management.
- Ongoing updates of work-in-progress to Principal/Senior management is imperative.
- Preparation of corporate accounts and VAT returns to final draft, requiring little supervision, in readiness for Principal/senior management approval.
- Ability and initiative to ask clients relevant questions in the preparatory stage to finalise accounts/tax work.
- Dealing with the preparation and submission of corporate and personal tax.
- Preparation and submission of charity accounts.
- Maintaining CPD and applying updates in accounting and tax legislation to your work.
- Supporting and training clients with using cloud-based accounting programmes such as QuickBooks.
- Dealing directly with clients and suppliers.
- Covering some team-based general office admin, e.g., answering phones, etc.
Key skills required
- ACA or ACCA qualified with at least 4-5 years of post-qualification work experience.
- Proficient in Sage line 50, QuickBooks online, Xero Online and Iris Accountancy Suite.
- Strong IT skills with an extensive knowledge of Microsoft office.
- Excellent professional written and spoken English.
- Ability to prioritise and organise your own workload effectively, displaying excellent organisational and time management skills, with no compromise on attention to detail.
- Ability to manage your own deadlines whilst ensuring you have all requirements from clients, and, when necessary, unprompted, actively chase, the client for information, raise queries, etc.
- Willingness to prepare work from data entry level to point of client sign off, and, in some client cases, manage sending certain jobs to outsourcing and review work returned.
- Ability to process client information in both a paper and digital format.
- Be a cheerful representative of the practice.
- Good communication, customer service and relationship-building skills, with a pleasant and confident telephone and client facing manner.
- Strong team player
- Adaptable and flexible to working with the rest of the team, especially when team are on holiday, sick etc.
- The ability to be proactive and use your initiative i.e., see what needs doing and do it.
- Committed, loyal and punctual attitude to work.
- Willingness to implement new procedures and administrative systems as our industry changes.